Cooling Systems use a significant amount of water, which requires treatment in order to prevent scale, corrosion, bacteria growth and fouling. GWS Wave 3.1 chemical-free, water treatment supports stable system operation, as these common problems are under consistent control.
Additionally, since nothing replaces the human touch, routine service by competent water treatment professionals – is a key component to a smoothly operating cooling system.
Bacteria, electronic non chemical water treatment, griswold water systems, conserve water GWS
General Water Systems uses electrodynamic field generation to create uniquely effective electric fields in the flowing water of a cooling system. This digital technology far surpasses the voltage pulses created by yesterday’s circuitry. Our innovative, micro-processor-based GWS Wave 3.1 TM produces electric fields that are significantly more stable and reliable than previously created using pulsed power. GWS Wave 3.1’s induced signal:
• Creates stable electric fields that are orders of magnitude more potent than those of other
• Allows for a low cost side-stream; excellent for retrofit applications
• Produces never-before-seen excellence in biological control
• Enables GWS to build a full range of sizes, 2” - 24”
Improving the bottom line
Both make-up and discharge water costs are dramatically reduced when GWS Wave 3.1 is engineered with GWS solids management as part of GWS' Integrated System 3.1 Higher Cycles of Concentration are routinely possible, chemical-free discharge can bypass costly sanitary sewer, and onsite reuse of discharge further enhances ROI. If these measures are put into use, dramatic operational economies are possible.
Evaporation causes minerals in the water to reach the point of saturation, and a driving force is created.
• CaCO3 comes out of solution and forms hard limestone scale on the equipment surfaces
• The numerous suspended particles (dirt), present in the system water, would be acceptable sites for
this CaC03 precipitation.
• A naturally occurring surface charge prevents the CaC03 from doing this.
• Minerals are forced to find a surface on the equipment.
Controlling Scale Through Electrodynamic Fields
GWS Wave 3.1 uses digital processors to create powerful electrodynamic fields.
The alternating polarity of the fields removes the surface charge on these suspended particles, rendering them electrically neutral.
Without the surface charge, CaCO3 will plate out around the particles rather than scale on the equipment surfaces. Two reasons it does this: